Campaign with Avaaz and help power their plan to make 2016 unforgettable
Avaaz is working on many issues this year and rely on your help and people power to push their campaigns through to becoming successful. This year, the issues they most want to work on include;
- Save the Seas – push to secure large-scale marine reserves and a treaty to protect the high seas, both necessary to stop the plundering of our oceans and allow for regeneration.
- Drive the Paris Climate Agreement Home – campaign to end public subsidies to dirty energy, keep fossil fuels in the ground, and push for urgent investment in renewables.
- Break Monsanto’s Grip – investigate, expose, and take on the corporate capture of our food and agriculture regulatory systems to ensure our health and the environment are put before profits.
Avaaz’s top organisational priorities for this year include;
- Let our light shine – build the profile of our movement in the media, to be better-known with the public and decision-makers.
- Impact – focus on campaigns that have a chance this year for clear impact on pressing global issues.
- Growth – focus on growing our community to be even bigger, and in more countries, so we are able to hit heavier on the issues we campaign on.
They are taking their movement in new directions this year, and this includes;
- Direct action / Civil disobedience – build our capacity to do sit-ins or occupations to capture the public imagination around issues like climate change, corruption, poaching of endangered species, or oppression of vulnerable groups.
- Take Avaaz to the streets – following the success of our Global Climate Marches, organise more distributed actions across the world to show our numbers on key global issues.
- Deepen online community engagement – launch new online tools to allow Avaaz members to assist with advocacy and media on every campaign we run, and suggest, rate, and create global campaigns for our whole community.
The Wishing Well was established in 2010 to offer children in out-of-home care, such as foster care and residential care, a range of healing and treatment options usually not accessible as a free therapy in mainstream health.
The Wishing Well raises funds to enable children and young people to access developmentally-appropriate and trauma-informed treatments shown to be highly effective in dealing with severe trauma and neglect. These therapies respond to the unique needs of each child and young person.
The Wishing Well is a not-for-profit incorporated charity organisation, established and managed by people seeking to improve outcomes for children and young people in out-of-home care and their families. The Wishing Well recognises the importance of the act of giving. We recognise the significance of the participation of community members and all donations are most appreciated.
The Wishing Well operates ethically, effectively and empathically with a view to achieving quality outcomes and a satisfying working environment, and as such we support organisations that encompass similar ideals.
The Wishing Well gratefully receives donations, funding and resources through bequests, corporate partnerships, fundraising events, grants, online donations and other fund raising activities. Money donated to The Wishing Well enables traumatised children access to healing therapies. Please see our website for more information:
How you can help
All Avaaz’s work and campaigns are funded entirely by small donations from this movement. Their highly-skilled team ensures all contributions go a long way.