Support Save the Children’s Christmas Hunger Appeal today
When children are undernourished, they have no energy to play. Without enough nutritious food, a child has less hope of improving their life; they get caught in a cycle of poverty – trapped by hunger.
You can join with Save the Children to help support children, through their Christmas Hunger Appeal. Your support can help prevent hunger from happening in the first place, by:
- providing families with enough highly nutritious food and healthcare to treat an undernourished child and giving them the strength to build long-term health.
- educating families about preparing healthy food and practicing proper breastfeeding techniques via home visits and case management for newborns and vulnerable children.
- training local staff in poor communities to treat, refer and protect families from the threat of disease and malnutrition.
- promoting good practice and increasing quality standards around water, sanitation and hygiene.
Save the Children’s efforts
Save the Children is one of Australia’s largest aid and development agencies dedicated to helping children. They work hard to protect children from harm and help them access quality education and health services. With more than 90 years working with children, they are at the forefront of saving children’s lives when disasters strike and create lasting change for children and their families through their long-term development programs.
How you can help
Join with Save the Children in their Christmas Hunger Appeal;
The Wishing Well foundation
The Wishing Well was established in 2010 to offer children in out-of-home care, such as foster care and residential care, a range of healing and treatment options usually not accessible as a free therapy in mainstream health.
The Wishing Well raises funds to enable children and young people to access developmentally-appropriate and trauma-informed treatments shown to be highly effective in dealing with severe trauma and neglect. These therapies respond to the unique needs of each child and young person.
The Wishing Well is a not-for-profit incorporated charity organisation, established and managed by people seeking to improve outcomes for children and young people in out-of-home care and their families. The Wishing Well recognises the importance of the act of giving. We recognise the significance of the participation of community members and all donations are most appreciated.
The Wishing Well operates ethically, effectively and empathically with a view to achieving quality outcomes and a satisfying working environment.
Support the Wishing Well
The Wishing Well uses its funds to help children in need access all manners of developmentally-appropriate and trauma-informed treatments. The Wishing Well takes referrals for any child/young person in out-of-home care in NSW. Applications are assessed by qualified personnel and on a case-by-case basis. The decision to fund an application is affected by the following:
- Funding availability
- The support the child/young person has to access the proposed therapies
- The capacity and willingness of the Carer Household to support the child/young person
- Assessment, which recommends and supports the proposed therapy as relevant to meeting the particular needs of the child/young person
The Wishing Well gratefully receives donations, funding and resources through bequests, corporate partnerships, fundraising events, grants, online donations and other fund raising activities. Money donated to The Wishing Well enables traumatised children access to healing therapies. Please see our website for more information: