Join with Save the Children to help save South Sudanese children fleeing violence and abuse
In recent weeks, fighting has swept across South Sudan. Just one year after a peace agreement put an end to the civil war, the country is on the brink once more. In the chaos of conflict, families are being torn apart – and children are facing hunger, violence and abuse. Save the Children is on the ground and, with your support, they can continue to reach vulnerable children and their families who need them most.
Save the Children’s efforts
Save the Children is one of Australia’s largest aid and development agencies dedicated to helping children. They work hard to protect children from harm and help them access quality education and health services. With more than 90 years working with children, they are at the forefront of saving children’s lives when disasters strike and create lasting change for children and their families through our long-term development programs. They have programs in 31 countries, including Australia, where they work in every state and the Northern Territory. With the generosity of more than 120,000 Australians, they support millions of the hardest-to-reach and most vulnerable children and young people around the world.
How you can help
You can help;
- Reunite children with their parents. With their partners, Save the Children have helped 4,000 children find their families since fighting first broke out in 2013. But there are 8,000 children who still need their help.
- Provide treatment to children suffering from life-threatening hunger, and stock health centres with urgently-needed medical supplies.
- Give urgently-needed emotional support to children who have come face-to-face with the brutality of conflict.
The Wishing Well foundation
Support the Wishing Well
- Funding availability
- The support the child/young person has to access the proposed therapies
- The capacity and willingness of the Carer Household to support the child/young person