Building strong family relationship; tips and tricks
Strong families breed strong communities and strong family relationships help children within them feel loved and secure. This also helps all family members feel connected to one another and improves the interactions and communication you will have with each other. You can easily build strong family relationships within your family by identifying strengths, focusing on them and appreciating them. A few other tips and tricks to build up family relationships are;
- Spending time with each other. Prioritise each family member’s well-being and make time for each other, showing care and warmth, and celebrating the little things. Ensure that work life stays separate to home life.
- Actively listen. Often, during conversations with each other, we listen purely to respond, rather than concentrating and understanding what is actually being said. Active listening involves listening with all the senses and listening to what others have to say with interest and enthusiasm.
- Acknowledging feelings. At times, we may not agree with how someone is feeling about a situation – we may think they are over reacting or being too sensitive. Though by acknowledging each others’ feelings, you can show that you care and accept their feelings even if you may not agree with them.
Phoenix Rising for Children
Phoenix Rising For Children (PRFC) are accredited by The Office of The Children’s Guardian, peak government body in NSW for child protection. PRFC was established in 2001 and are experienced in provision of specialist services to children and their families for Family & Community Services, Non Government Agencies, Family Law Court Matters and Private Family Agreements. PRFC operates ethically, effectively and empathically with a view to achieving quality outcomes and a satisfying working environment, and as such we support organisations that encompass similar ideals.
PRFC’s focus is the wellbeing and safety of children while providing parents with opportunities to care for and engage with their children. These visits allow parents to demonstrate relationship and parenting skills.
PRFC’s qualified staff closely monitor contact visits in a supportive and positive way. We understand each family has a unique story and we seek to bring clarity and resolution whilst facilitating a service that is both safe and enjoyable for children and parents.
Phoenix Rising For Children have experience and expertise working with children and families affected by difficult and stressful circumstances.
- In excess of 17 years experience providing supervised
- contact services
- Immediate availability to accept family referrals
- Qualified, experienced professional family supervisors
- High level of confidentiality
- 24 hour/ 365 days per year support to clients and personnel
- Detailed, well written reports appropriate for court matters
The services we provide include; supervised family contact, supervised transportation, supervised handover, mentoring and youth work support. We also provide interim supervised contact, pre-requested contact visit meetings between children and supervisors, and detailed contact visit reports.
We are contactable in the following ways:
T: 02 9873 3992,
Write to us at PO Box 71, Oatlands 2117 or